Atlanta GA Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bug treatment is crucial to prevent blood-sucking pests from spreading and causing health problems such as allergies and infections. In addition, failure to address an infestation can lead to high financial costs, psychological stress, and social stigma.
Atlanta Bed Bug Experts are professional bed bug exterminators well-versed in the proper treatments and techniques unique to your bed bug problems. We have continually given exceptional service over the years. Effectively eliminate these critters and restore peace of mind through our bed bug treatments.
We Get Rid Of Bed Bugs For You
Trusted Bed Bug Exterminators in Atlanta, Georgia
Uh-oh! Are you suspecting a bed bug infestation in your Atlanta home? Don’t procrastinate! Contact a professional bed bug exterminator at the earliest to nip the problem in the bud.
At Atlanta Bed Bug Experts, we offer affordable bed bug heat and chemical treatment to people in Atlanta, Georgia. In addition, we have bed bug killers that can help you find the right solution for your home or business—whether it’s an all-out extermination or just a spot treatment.
Our wide range of services has one goal: to completely eradicate all kinds of bed bug infestations from mild to severe.
7 Home Tips to Avoid Bed Bugs in Atlanta, Georgia
Bed bugs persist in many cities, including Atlanta, Georgia. They are small, blood-sucking insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals while they sleep, leaving behind itchy, red bites. Unfortunately, such pesky critters are notoriously challenging to get rid of once they infest a home, so it is crucial to take preventative measures to avoid an infestation in the first place. Here are seven home tips to prevent bed bugs in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Be cautious when traveling – Bed bugs are parasitic insects notorious for hitchhiking and can easily travel from one place to another. Bed bugs can be found in any environment, from budget hostels to luxury hotels, so it is essential to be vigilant when traveling. Inspect your luggage and belongings thoroughly before bringing them back home. Avoid placing your luggage on the bed or furniture in hotel rooms.
- Inspect second-hand furniture – Second-hand furniture can be a great addition to your home, but it’s essential to inspect it thoroughly before bringing it in. Bed bugs can easily hide in furniture, and it’s vital to look for signs such as fecal stains, shed skins, and live bugs before bringing them into your home. Also, consider using a flashlight to check the furniture’s interior, as bed bugs can hide in hard-to-see places.
- Use protective covers – Protective covers can help prevent bed bugs from infesting your mattress and box spring. When selecting covers, choose high-quality options designed explicitly to avoid bed bugs and ensure they are high quality. Cover your mattress and box springs immediately after bringing them into your home.
- Declutter your home – Bed bugs are parasitic insects that thrive in cluttered environments. Therefore, decluttering your home is crucial in preventing and getting rid of bed bugs. Avoid accumulating unnecessary items, as they can create hiding spots for bed bugs to breed and thrive. Vacuuming your home is also crucial, especially in areas where you spend a lot of time, such as your bedroom. Clean all surfaces, including carpets, rugs, furniture, and bedding.
- Be cautious of shared laundry facilities – Exercise caution, as shared laundry facilities can be a hotbed for bed bugs. Be careful when using shared facilities, and thoroughly inspect your clothing and laundry baskets before bringing them home. Any signs of bed bugs should already be a cause for concern. Use a high heat setting on your dryer to kill any bed bugs that may have hitchhiked on your clothing. These critters are sensitive to high temperatures and cannot survive over 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seal cracks and crevices – Bed bugs can easily hide in various locations, including cracks and crevices, making it difficult to detect and eliminate them. Seal cracks and crevices in your home using caulk or another appropriate sealant. Pay particular attention to areas around baseboards, electrical outlets, and pipes, as bed bugs can easily hide and travel through these spaces.
- Hire a professional pest control service – Hiring a pest control service can save you time and money in the long run. It can prevent the costly damage caused by pests and the need for repeated treatments.